Did you Know?
- Only 11 cents of every dollar of your property taxes go to the City of Clayton?
- Police and Fire operating budgets total almost $4.5 million but only 45.6 % is funded thru property taxes?
- Based on the average Clayton home value, Clayton Fire and Emergency Medical Services cost a resident $17.50 per month? (Compare that to your monthly cable and cell service)
- The Clayton Fire Department has had an 18% increase in calls for service over the past 5 years and 25% in the last 10 years?
- The Clayton Police Department has had a 9% increase in calls for service over the past 3 years.
- Clayton operates two full-time fire stations and service a community of over 18 square miles with an average response time of under 5 minutes?
- There was $5.4 million in commercial investments last year in Clayton?
- Paving a 2 mile stretch of road costs an average of $350,000?
- Clayton spent a little over $7.1 million in road improvements over the last three years?
- The fallen leaves were extremely heavy in 2018 and required 76 additional dump truck loads to be collected and hauled away vs. 2017.
- More than $184,000 was spent plowing and salting roads during the 2018-2019 winter season.
- When mailboxes are damaged during a snow event, typically, they aren’t hit by snow plows at all? The damage occurs by heavy snow striking the mailbox.
- Clayton was awarded almost $500,000 in grants over the past two years for community improvement projects, including the Hoke Rd. resurfacing, installing ADA ramps throughout Clayton, and providing more energy efficient utilities at the Meadowbrook at Clayton event facilities? All three projects will be completed in 2019.
Updated March 2019